PINNACLE Hip Solutions
PINNACLE is a modern acetabular cup system with a proven track record.1-6 First implanted in 2000, the PINNACLE Acetabular Cup System has grown to become one of the most widely used and clinically successful modular acetabular cup systems for hip replacement.1-6
Today PINNACLE has been provided for more than 2,300,000 patients globally.1
The PINNACLE system provides heritage and proven results, a range of coating fixation technologies and high performance bearing options. A comprehensive acetabular cup solution that assists you to meet the needs of each individual patient.
- PINNACLE Sales Data; 2000-2016; Data on file Depuy Synthes.
- Bedard N, Callaghan J, Stefl M, Williams T, Liu S, Goetz D. Fixation and Wear with Contemporary Acetabular Components and Cross-Linked Polyethylene at 10-Year Follow-Up. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2014; 29: 1961-1969.
- Greiner JJ, et al, Fixation and Wear With Contemporary Acetabular Components and Cross-Linked Polyethylene at 10- Years in Patients Aged 50 and Under, J Arthroplasty (2015), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2015.05.011
- Australian Orthopaedic Association National Joint Replacement Registry. Annual Report. Adelaide: AOA;2016. Available from URL: aoanjrr.sahnri.com/annual-reports-2016. Extracted from Table TY 1.
Table TY1 Cumulative Percent Revision of Primary Total Conventional Hip replacement Combinations with 10 Year Data (Primary Diagnosis OA
Type of Revision Femoral Stem Acetabular Component N
THR Femoral Acetabular Other 1 Yr 5 Yrs 10 Yrs Corail Pinnacle 740 29,292 70 234 117 319 1.6 (1.5, 1.8) 3.0 (2.8, 3.2) 4.9 (4.3, 5.7)
- National Joint Registry for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man, 13th Annual Report, 2016. Table 3.9. Available from www.njrreports.org.uk
- Orthopaedic Data Evaluation Panel. ODEP product ratings. Latest ODEP ratings can be found at www.odep.org.uk[Accessed 01/10/2016].