Help your patients get back sooner with the Anterior Approach
Delivering value to patients, surgeons and hospitals
27.8% reduction in hospital LOS
(70 ± 3.3 vs. 97 ± 5.5 hours, p < 0.001)1
58% lower pain score at 2-week follow–up
(2.2 vs 5.2 p < 0.0001)2
30.8% score at 2-week follow-up lower narcotic usage on post-operative days 1-3
(101 ± 12 vs. 146 ± 12 morphine equivalent dose, p = 0.010)1
CORAIL PINNACLE: Golden Standard linked to cost of revision
CORAIL Hip System
CORAIL Hip System has over 30 years of clinical heritage and demonstrates 93.7% Stem Survivorship at 30 Years.3 It is the most widely used primary hip stem construct with the PINNACLE Acetabular Cup System in the NJR.4 CORAIL Stems are offered in a variety of sizes to treat both primary and revision cases.
PINNACLE Acetabular Cup System
PINNACLE Acetabular Cup System has been provided to over 3 million patients worldwide since its introduction, across 15 years of clinical heritage.5 PINNACLE Acetabular Cups are offered in a variety of styles to treat both primary and revision cases.
ACTIS™ Total Hip System
ACTIS Total Hip System was designed for use in tissue sparing approaches like the Anterior Approach (although it can be used with traditional approaches) and demonstrates enhanced initial stability compared to collarless stems.6,7
CORAIL Collared Stem combined with PINNACLE Acetabular Cup has 28% less chance of revision vs all other cementless constructs in NJR.8
Approach Specific Instrumentation
Supporting Operating Theatre Efficiency
KINCISE™ Surgical Automated System
OSI HANA® Table
JOINTPOINT® Hip Navigation System
From recent Market Research, over 70% of Orthopaedic Surgeons confirmed that solutions to support operating theatre efficiency will play a very important role in the near future. For example: team training, the ‘time out’ concept, standardized and streamlined processes.9
Two key partnership specific to this area have recently been announced by DePuy Synthes.
Disclaimer: CE Mark Pending. The device(s) will not be marketed or put into service until it / they have been made to comply with the Medical Device Directive (93/42/EEC) or Medical Device Regulation (2017/745) (as applicable) and are appropriately CE marked.
DePuy Synthes Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Assets of JointPoint, Inc. to Enhance Surgical Accuracy and Reproducibility in Hip Replacement.Read More
DePuy Synthes Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Assets of Medical Enterprises Distribution, LLC to Strengthen Its Portfolio and Amplify the Surgeon’s Capabilities via Automation.Read More
World Class Professional Education
OR Efficiency Virtual Instructional Course Part 1: What?
OR Efficiency Virtual Instructional Course Part 2: How?
1. Webinar or Meeting
- Duration: 2 hours
- Attendees: Surgeon, Nurse(s), Management
2. Learn the EDA Approach
- To complete in: 4 weeks
- Deferred Live Surgery
- ESY Concept Videos
- DePuy Synthes VR in Hospital
3. ANTERIOR ADVANTAGE™ ESY Solution
- Duration: 1 Day
- Instructional Course for Team
- VR Haptic Simulation
- Cadaver Lab
4. Learn from the Master
- Duration: 1 Day
- At EDA Reference Center (Surgeon and Nurse)
5. Visitation of a Master
- Duration: 1 Day
- Visitation of EDA Instructor Surgeon to Own Center
- Schweppe et al. Does Surgical Approach in Total Hip Arthroplasty Affect Rehabilitation, Discharge Disposition, and Readmission Rate? Surgical Technology International XXIII. 2013. Orthopedic Surgery, 219-227.
- Zawadsky MW, et al. “Early Outcome Comparison Between the Direct Anterior Approach and the Mini-Incision Posterior Approach for Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty: 150 Consecutive Cases.” The Journal of Arthroplasty 2014; (29): 1256-1260.
- Jacquot L, Bonnin MP, Machenaud A, Choteau J, Saffarini M, Vidalain JP. Clinical and Radiographic Outcomes at 25–30 Years of a Hip Stem Fully Coated With Hydroxyapatite. J Arthroplasty. 2018 Feb;33(2):482–490.
- National Joint registry for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man, 16th Annual Report, 2019. Table 3.9. Available from www.njrreports.org.uk.
- Royalty COE, PINNACLE WW implantations 2000 - June 2019.
- Demey G, Fary C, Lustig S, et. al. “Does a Collar Improve the Immediate Stability of Uncemented Femoral Hip Stems in Total Hip Arthroplasty? A Bilateral Comparative Cadaver Study.” JOA. 2011; 26(8): 1549–1555.
- Hamburg University Actis Cadaveric Stability Testing. Data on File (Adaptiv #103156243).
- Bespoke Implant report CORAIL Collared Stem-Pinnacle Cup vs Cementless NJR. Report can be accessed at http://www.corailpinnacle.net/resources.
- Olson Research Group. Market Research in THR. 2019